Would you like to join a growing team in a unique, design-led Melbourne-based business? Based in Altona North, we’re on the hunt for someone with a creative background in art or design, who’s able to work quickly and methodically, with close attention to detail. They should be self-motivated and hardworking individuals who thrive in a creative and dynamic environment. This is an opportunity for you to expand your artistic skills within The Confectionist brand as we continue to grow.
NOTE: FULL ROYAL ICING/BISCUIT TRAINING PROVIDED
- Working with royal icing: making icing, mixing colours (colour matching), hand piping.
- Working in a production line on current range of products
- Creating by copying images or text, freehand (no projector)
- Potential to create and design Face Biscuits from photographs
- Proactively anticipating and solving problems
- Hands on participation in the entire production process from baking biscuits to packaging
- Ensuring overall cleanliness and health standards are being met in the kitchen.
- A background in art or design is a must – sample of artwork to be provided with resume.
- Can draw by copying an image or text font freehand, no projector
- Bakery/decorating experience is a plus, but not necessary
- Must be able to follow a design precisely and consistently
- Great communication skills: asks questions when there is uncertainty
- High skills in organisation, time management, team work, punctuation and coordination
- Ability to make a good cup of tea and suggest a good playlist is always a bonus!
THE NITTY GRITTY
- Work: Part-Time/Full-Time (To be discussed)
- Hours: 9am – 5:30pm
- Location: Altona North, VIC
SOUND LIKE THE JOB FOR YOU?
If you would like to apply for this role, please email us a cover letter, resume, and pictures of your artwork/baking creations or a link to your Instagram/portfolio to [email protected]. Please include which position you would like to apply for, in the subject line.
Successful candidates will be contacted via email to discuss the position.